Patent portfolio analysis

As a research institute you will not commercialize every licensing opportunity before the patent application enters the national and regional phase 30 months after filing. Before you make a decision on funding of a next patent phase, it is of interest to investigate for what reasons patent applications have not been licensed to third parties.

Easy and cost effective way

Our in-house developed Quick Scan method is an easy and very cost effective way for your patent portfolio analysis. We apply this scan to determine if a patent application is still potentially promising and eventually can be brought to commercialization. Based on the outcome of our Quick Scan we strategically advise research institutes whether or not to proceed with their patent applications from a commercial point of view. We also advise on additional research and on adopting alternative partnering strategies.

With our Quick Scan we advised several technology transfer organizations on licensable assets with commercialization issues. For a technology transfer organization with a portfolio of 28 different universities we analyzed and advised on more than 60 problematic patent applications within their patent portfolio. We advised on 23% of these applications not to invest any further, and on the remaining 77% to invest in research and/or adapt their partnering strategy.

Do you want to learn more about how our quick scan can help you?
Please contact us for further information.